We are Remodeling our Website!
Please Pardon Our Mess!
NC Bluegrass Association
Preserving Our American Heritage
NCBGA was born January 12, 2012
We are a 501C3 Non-Profit
IBMA is the trade association that connects and educates bluegrass professionals, empowers the bluegrass community, and encourages worldwide appreciation of bluegrass music of yesterday, today and tomorrow.
The role of PineCone is to increase the visibility of Piedmont music and musicians and to provide public programs and educational resources about the depth and breadth of cultural expression in the region today. PineCone is the largest and most active traditional music organization in North Carolina measured by people served, budget size and total number of programs presented.PineCone supports the livelihoods of working artists, inspires and connects fans, educates youth and adult audiences, documents traditions, and provides opportunities for musicians to learn from one another. Each of the three elements – preservation, presentation, and promotion – plays an important role in ensuring the continued vitality and viability of traditional arts in North Carolina’s Piedmont.
High Lonesome Strings
High Lonesome Strings Bluegrass Association presents the 20th Annual Pickin’ in the Park Bluegrass Music Festival at the Clyde Davis Memorial Stage in Hagan-Stone Park. There is no charge to attend and the public is invited to bring a chair or picnic blanket and come share with us a day of music.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Join the NC Bluegrass Music Association
- Each month you’ll receive Association updates online
- Each Quarter you will receive our newsletter ‘The Bluegrass Chimes’ in print or online
- Find Bluegrass Jams and Bluegrass event locations across NC
- Opportunities for volunteering, teaching, leadership and mentoring
Benefit to Bands
- Band Photo and Band Bio on the website with Links to Band Social Media and Band Website.
- Opportunities for Paid Performances as well as other resources.
- Venue Photo and Venue Bio on the website with Links to Venue Social Media and Venue Website.
- Will include Links to Venue Social Media and Venue Website.
- Sponsor logo on Home Page of the NCBA Website with link to their website.
- Sponsor logo/ photo on homepage of the NCBA Website
- Will have a link to their own website with a description of their business on our sponsor webpage.
- Sponsor Logo on Home Page of the NCBA Website
“When Merle and I started out we called our music ‘traditional plus,’ meaning the traditional music of the Appalachian region plus whatever other styles we were in the mood to play.”Doc Watson
“Bluegrass has brought more people together and made more friends than any music in the world. You meet people at festivals and renew acquaintances year after year.”Bill Monroe
“I don’t like to travel as much as I have in the past, but it’s good for my soul to get to pick, especially with these good musicians and these guys that play so well.”Earl Scruggs